SUPERFOOD - MISO NOODLES WITH MUSHROOMS
Miso noodles with mushrooms.
This is super easy, healthy, yummy.
2 sachets of miso soup paste, I used clearspring organic instant soup paste
1 portion of soba wholewheat noodles, again I used clearspring organic
2 large flat mushrooms sliced
2 garlic cloves minced
2 cups of water
Pepper to season
1 brown onion diced
I like my food hot so I also added 1 chilli sliced (with or without seeds depending on how hot you like it!!)
Place all of the Ingredients except the miso paste into the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 mins then add the miso paste.
Huh .....that's it??? Yes that simple.
The 10 scientifically researched benefits of eating miso
1. Contains all essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
2. Stimulates the secretion of digestive fluids in the stomach.
3. Restores beneficial probiotics to the intestines.
4. Aids in the digestion and assimilation of other foods in the intestines.
5. Is a good vegetable-quality source of B vitamins (especially B12).
6. Strengthens the quality of blood and lymph fluid.
7. Reduces risk for breast, prostate, lung and colon cancers.
8. Protects against radiation due to dipilocolonic acid, an alkaloid that chelates heavy metals and discharges them from the body.
10. High in antioxidants that protects against free radicals.
Miso has a wonderful sweet/salty flavour that can be used in a wide variety of recipes. The color of miso can vary from light yellow, good to use in a sweet miso soup during warm weather, to a deep dark brown with earthy tones and hearty flavour, which can be cooked with cubed root vegetables, wakame sea vegetable and dark leafy greens during the colder months. When cooking with miso use just enough to enhance flavour and avoid overpowering the dish with a strong salty taste.
Miso is a paste made from soybeans, sea salt, and koji (a mould starter), and often mixed with rice, barley or other grains. The mixture is allowed to ferment for 3 months to 3 years, which produces an enzyme-rich food. The binding agent zybicolin in miso is effective in detoxifying and eliminating elements that are taken into the body through industrial pollution, radioactivity and artificial chemicals in the soil and food system.
Miso benefits: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-benefits-and-uses-for-miso.html